Hey TPCF, how much does powder coating cost?
You may have noticed that the cost of powder coating around Orlando varies quite a bit. Your cost to powder coat metal surfaces and shapes at our shop will be most affordable.
There is no set price list, like a 12″ wheel costs $x, and a 16″ wheel costs $y; or if the combined area to be sprayed is this, then it costs that much; because there are a lot of factors to appraise into quoting a prospective cost. To powder coat rims, for example, we have to consider the size, the dirty condition, how much corrosion exists, what layers have to be removed in preparation, whether there are tires on and need to be removed and later replaced and balanced by us, etc.
Telling us what you have and what you want the look to be is one thing, seeing it for ourselves is another. Someone might say it’s a simple job to cover bare metal measuring this big by that big. Then when we see it, we discover that there is rust and oils on the metal that has to be cleaned and removed before spraying.
Affordable Powder Coating
Our powder coating prices are pretty good here at TPCF. We aim to make it affordable. Powder coating doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. Beware the high price monster. First of all, this process is less expensive than regular paint jobs. Second of all, we are very price conscious and competitive. Still, there’s no sacrifice in quality of our work. Without quality, a paint job is nothing and we are proud of our quality.
5 Reasons Why Cost of Powder Coating is Less
You’ll always find that the cost to powder coat is less than a regular paint job.
- Less Steps Overall. Powder Coating does not require as many steps as regular paint applications on metal.
- Less Preparation. Prep work is quicker than what’s required for a regular paint job because paint is thinner and shows blemishes.
- Less Coatings. The number of coatings is less for same reason as above. Therefore, less material is used.
- Less Manpower. There’s no need for several layers of clear coat requiring a person to apply hours of wet sanding in between.
- Longevity. Price divided by longevity is way less than the length of time a paint job will last.
That’s why, generally speaking, powder coating prices are lower than regular paint, and the application of powder makes the surface more durable too.